Since we opened our doors in 1998, a consistently popular elective service requested by our patients has been techniques that whiten and brighten smiles.
These patient know that when you look good, you feel good. Your mood elevates, your confidence rises, and you actually take better care of your teeth! In social interactions, studies show that a whiter brighter smile makes you more approachable, more attractive … and get this … even appear more intelligent.
Here are our top 3 ways to whiten:
1. Teeth Whitening – Done in the convenience of your own home, our take-home kits are always a big hit with our patients.
• As you sleep, our customized prescription whitening formula penetrates your enamel to remove stubborn stains.
• Some patients have seen an 8-shade transformation.
• Safe and effective.
2. Composite Fillings (some people simply call them white fillings) – Matching the colour of your tooth, the restoration is undetectable by anyone but us! A composite filling…
• has a beautiful natural appearance and does not leak dark “stain” into the tooth or adjacent gums
• requires less tooth structure to be removed (than with a silver-coloured filling)
• chemically bonds to your tooth, giving support when it’s been weakened
• is not affected by temperature changes so it protects your tooth from fracturing
• gives you the confidence to “smile out loud”!
3. Bonding & Veneers – Bonding is the application of a tooth-coloured composite to the surface of a tooth. Veneers are ultra-thin porcelain shells that are applied to the front surfaces of your tooth. Both techniques whiten teeth, plus they come with other benefits…
• recontours tooth shape
• increases tooth size (if that’s esthetically desirable)
• masks small flaws like chips, cracks, and craze lines (small vertical cracks in enamel)
• hides ultra-stubborn stains that cannot be removed by teeth whitening
• closes minor gaps between teeth.
If you feel that you want to brighten your smile, give us – your Dentists in Mississauga – a call. We’ll be happy to discuss with you the best options for your smile!