Oral hygiene and dental checkups are important for healthy teeth. There are various types of dentists. However, a family dentist is ideal for oral family care. This is mostly because they have the experience to cater to the dental needs of everyone in your family regardless of their age. Also, you will have an easy dental trip since a family dentist can attend to any member of your family.
At Erinwood Dental, we have the best family dentist in Mississauga. Our two dentists, Dr. Ankit Patel, and Dr. Kunal Patel; together with the assisting team, strive to provide our clients with comprehensive dentistry services that meet their oral health needs.
We understand that a visit to the dentist can be nerve-wracking. That is why we use anxiety-releasing sedation to give you a painless and comfortable dental experience. We provide extensive services ranging from one-visit treatments, orthodontics, restorative, and cosmetic care. We are open 24 hours for emergency access.
Why Have a Family Dentist?
Family dentistry offers oral health care to anyone regardless of their age. The dental needs of children vary from those of adults. A family dentist will deliver oral care to baby teeth and permanent teeth as well. The following are benefits of having a family dentist:
Family dentists are equipped to provide treatment to dental patients of all ages and with various dental problems. You don’t need to drive to different clinics; all your family members will get the dental help they need at a family dental clinic.
- Detection of Dental Issues
Regular visits to your family dentist will lead to early detection of any dental health problems. Our family dentist will examine you and your family using X-rays and computer-based technology to detect any oral issues.
How Often Should You Visit a Dentist?
Dental health varies from one person to another. However, it is recommended that you go for dental checkups at least twice a year. This is to make sure that you get regular professional teeth cleaning. Additionally, a visit to the dentist will ensure that no dental problem goes unnoticed.
Practicing Good Oral Care at Home
It is essential to brush and floss your teeth daily. However, the following practices will take your oral hygiene to the next level:
- Using toothpaste and mouth wash that contains fluoride. Fluoride increases the rate of remineralization, which slows down the breakdown of enamel.
- Eating food with fewer sugars. The bacteria in your mouth usually convert sugar into acids that damage teeth.
- Eating more fruits and vegetables. Raw vegetables and crisp fruits such as apples, carrots, and celery help to clean any plaque that might have formed on the teeth. Fruits and vegetables are also good for freshening your breath.
- Avoiding tobacco products. Using any tobacco products might lead to gum diseases, teeth discoloration, among other dental issues.
Visit a Family Dentist
Visit our family dental clinic for superior quality dental care at affordable rates. At Erinwood Dental, you are guaranteed to receive the best dental services from the most reputable family dentist in Mississauga. To book an appointment, simply fill out our online form.Family Dentist Mississauga
View Larger Map